Thursday, December 4, 2014

Christmas Cookie Day

One of my favorite things about Christmas is cookies.  Each year I get together with my nieces and we spend the day making a variety of cookies.  To enjoy the experience we make a day of it  by mixing in movies, hot chocolate and of course Christmas music.

That's the thing about Christmas, I hear people complain about everything that has to be done but if you take time to step back and find a way to enjoy each project it makes Christmas as magical as it's supposed to be.  I don't worry if everything gets done "perfectly" just that the effort was made but most importantly fun was had.

So this year gather around your family (I recommend only those interested.  If I invited my son, he'd end up wanting to leave after a half hour and nothing would get accomplished.)  If family isn't interested ask your friends.  During the phase when the kids were in their early to mid teens where family meant "boring" I used to invite my girlfriends over and we'd make a day of it.  No matter who you invite just remember to have fun.

There are so many types of cookies I enjoy over the holidays but my absolute favorite would have to be the sugar cookie cut into my favorite Christmas shapes with powered sugar frosting.  Let me know which ones are your favorites.

Remember to have fun and enjoy this time of year by spending more time with family and friends.

Shea

No comments:

Post a Comment