Saturday, November 29, 2014

Creating a New Series - Part 3

As the ideas about the town and its people fire my imagination eventually the main characters of the book need to be settled on.  As I walk down Main Street the various types of shops are noted, some jump out at me creating their own stories before I've even had a chance to think about whether to include the location in the series.

While those places yammer at me to not just include them, but to give them their own books, an idea forms as to some of the other characters and locations to include and how they all tie together.  The one place that started it all for this series, was the town bakery.  But the location didn't feel right so it was moved to a building I fell in love with as soon as I saw it among the row of shops downtown.

Instead of blending in, this building stood out amongst the row of brick buildings, and their cookie cutter shops.  It's log cabin charm called to me to put the bakery, with its cozy warmth and yummy goodness, inside.

That bakery was all it took for the others shops to start clamoring to join in.  The first three books will be centered around the bakery, an Irish pub and a flower shop.  But there are so many more waiting for the day when their stories will be told.


Shea

No comments:

Post a Comment